Job ListingsConstruction and Permanent Hiring
Harlem River Preservation is committed to building both quality affordable housing and economic growth in the community.
The rehabilitation of Harlem River I & II ensures job creation for local residents. If you are an authorized resident of NYCHA, at least 18 years old, and interested in building a career in construction or property maintenance, inquire today!
HIRING IN 2022: Construction Positions
Once construction is underway, we will be hiring for a range of positions. Please see the job qualifications:
• A valid OSHA 40 certification – If you do not have one we will be providing free OSHA training in 2022
• Proof of work authorization in the US
• A valid ID
• An updated resume
• Preference will be given to Authorized NYCHA residents (listed on the current lease)
HIRING NOW: Permanent Job Requirements
A valid ID
An updated resume
Job Inquiry Form
Make a difference in the lives of New York City’s older adults, their families and the community. For over 50 years PSS has performed vital and important work – through its nine centers, two apartment buildings, caregiver services, and affiliated programs, the agency touches the lives of over 1,000 people a day. As the Senior Center Social Worker, you will be responsible for providing center members with individual case assistance and facilitating workshops on relevant topics for the older adult population. The Social Worker’s role is vital in ensuring effective supportive services are put in place that allows our members to remain active and safe in their communities. PSS is seeking to hire three community social workers.
- Provide high quality case assistance and information and referrals to center members.
- Assigned to 3 centers serving the larger centers 2x/week and the smaller centers 1x/week.
- Screen members for benefits and entitlements, conducting NSI (nutrition) and other relevant screenings.
- Keep member files up to date.
- Keep up to date with case notes and units in tracking tools such as a worker log and STARS database.
- Facilitate support and/or other therapeutic groups.
- Lead classes on topics which are relevant to their field such as but not limited to safe sex, healthy relationships, effective communication.
- Lead evidence based programs.
- Supervise social work interns from local MSW and BSW programs.
- Collaborate with center staff about member needs and center programming.
- Promote the agency and center by performing outreach, participating in community events, and representing the agency to the public. Develop and maintain liaisons with other organizations, as appropriate, to collaborate in outreach efforts or other partnership opportunities.
- Effectively utilize social media and other digital and communication tools to reach a broad audience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- License and SIFI preferred
- Excellent Office Management Skills
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Excellent Interpersonal and Organizational Skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) a must
Professionalism and other qualities:
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and think strategically
- Maturity and good judgment in relating to peers, partners, and families
Will be responsible for keeping the site clean, debris clean up, loading/unloading trucks, and lifting materials. Will be required to help other trades on site when needed.
Will assist and work alongside the carpenter, performing duties such as: cleaning the site, loading/unloading trucks, material handling, delivering tools/supplies throughout the site, moving/cleaning up sheet rock and other construction debris.
Looking for a plumber’s helper to work alongside the mechanics. Will be doing general labor-loading/unloading trucks, distributing tools, carrying pipes, if needed and cleaning up debri.
Will assist and work alongside the mason. Will be keeping the site clean, doing debris clean up, lifting bricks, helping with set-ups, working on scaffolds, and loading/unloading trucks.
Will assist and work alongside the electrician. Will be doing general labor-loading/unloading trucks, carrying materials throughout the site, and cleaning up debris.
Will assist and work alongside the painter. Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding, loading/unloading trucks, distributing materials, keeping the site clean, doing debris clean up.
Will assist and work alongside the flooring installer. Prepare surfaces for floor installation, loading/unloading trucks, distributing materials, keeping the site clean and dust free, doing debris clean up.
Will assist and work alongside the demolition contractor. Will be keeping the site clean, doing debris clean up, loading trucks, and lifting materials.